Soniccouture Pan Drums
Pan Drums, or ‘hand pans’ are a very recent musical invention. First developed in the year 2000 by Swiss company PANart (the Hang or Hang Drum), their melancholic sound bewitches everyone that hears it.
Because a pan drum must be hand built and tuned by skilled artisans if it is to sound good, supply is short and they have remained relatively rare and extremely sought after by musicians.
Soniccouture first sampled hand pans in 2007 – releasing the ‘Pan Drum’ sampled instrument, featuring two different models of Hang drum. Now, as the art of making hand pans progresses, new instruments are being added to the genre, so Soniccouture decided it was time to update the library with new drums and a Kontakt Player interface.
- 7.25 GB core sample library (3.4GB on disc with NCW lossless compression).
- 24 bit 44.1Khz stereo sampling – 5097 samples.
- 6 original Kontakt Player instruments:
- Hang Drum Mk1 in F.
- Hang Drum Mk2 in D.
- Halo Drum in C.
- Halo Drum in B.
- Rock Creek Tongue Drums, pair, (“double seconds” chromatic).
- Up to 21 velocity layers, up to 5 alternate round robin layers depending on articulation.
- Hand noise note off samples with level and chance control.
- Hangs: Centre, Edge, Slap, Corner, and Knuckles.
- Halos: Fingers, Thumbs, Slap, and Mallets.
- Rock Creek Tongue Drums: Mallets.
- 50 sound design presets.
- KSP Jammer generative arpeggiator.
- Demo MIDI files included.
- NI Maschine & Korg Nanopad templates included.